We are an entrepreneurial architectural firm located in the heart of the Waterloo Innovation Park. We are a team that works together and socializes together. Our bright studio-style layout supports shared experiences, and exchange of ideas in a relaxed, collegial environment. You will be working with our team to deliver high quality designs, and exemplary client service. You will be encouraged to pursue personal and professional development over a wide range of experiences. Our work encompasses a range of projects with an emphasis on multi-unit residential, institutional, educational and recreational buildings.
We have an opening for a full-time position for a motivated Junior Architectural Technologist to join our team.
Building a culture of comradery is important at MORe, so in addition to being fun we also have to make time to work and work efficiently. Our perfect candidate will be someone who is well-organized, proactive, outgoing, able to work independently, and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. In addition to your great personality we need you to have these technical skills:
- Superior drafting skills and ability to adhere to strict drafting standards
- Knowledge of building science, detailing, construction methodology and materials application
- Good understanding of OBC and various building codes
- Well-developed ability to understand technical matters with attention to details
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is a must
- Familiarity of other 3D CAD software, Adobe CS suite, and Sketch up
- Working knowledge in rendering programs is an asset
- Commitment to meeting strict deadlines, hardworking, self-motivated, passion to quality and excellence, and self-improvement
- Ability to take direction and to adhere to strict quality standards
- Good leadership and problem solving and people skills
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, of own work and others involved in the project
Why should you work with us?
- Professional growth
- Personal achievement
- Excellent Design Studio
- Flexible work schedule
If you are a qualified candidate with the proper credentials then please e-mail a cover letter and a resume in a single PDF file, 5MB or less to email@example.com. Please clearly state in the subject line the job you are applying for and in the e-mail body your salary expectation. We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or walk-ins please.